As a Church of England school, with very close links with our church and community, we aim to:
• Encourage and promote care and respect for others through the development of the spiritual and moral education within the school;
• Promote high standards and enable every child to achieve their full potential, develop imagination, curiosity and perseverance, through a broad, balanced and interesting curriculum;
• Encourage children and adults to take a personal pride in themselves, their behavior, their achievements and their school and to respect and value their own and other cultures;
• Provide a safe, welcoming, bright and attractive environment with equal opportunities for all;
• Promote the skills needed to become independent learners.
Equal Opportunity and Racial Equality
One of the most important values in a school is the right of all individuals to be treated fairly and with respect by all members of the school community and have equal access to all aspects of school life.
This school operates an equal opportunities policy whereby there is no discrimination on the grounds of race, gender or disability in any area of the curriculum or the school day.
All Cannings CE Primary School is committed to working towards race equality, promoting positive approaches to differences and fostering respect for people of all cultural backgrounds.
The school values and encourages involvement of people from all sections of the local community.
The school is opposed to all forms of racial prejudice and discrimination. Language or behavior that is racist or potentially damaging to any ethnic or racial group will not be tolerated and will be challenged.
The school recognizes that the British society is made up of people from many difference racial, cultural, religious and linguistic backgrounds. It is important that all pupils are fully prepared to live in such a diverse society.